Sunday 25 February 2018

Review: Soft Glam and Powder Bronzer from Anastasia Beverly Hills


Quick question guys. What is one thing you wish to see in a go to palette?
Well for me it's a palette with shades I can wear everyday, and create multiple looks with.

Ladies and gentlemen I would like to introduce the stunning Soft Glam eyeshadow palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) along side the Powder Bronzer.

If you're a makeup fanatic/ enthusiast like myself then you definitely need this palette in your life. The array of warm tones, to pinks to beautiful rich dark tone shades are magnificent. However, if you own a ABH palette already then you know how brilliant the pigments are. Some people have compared it to previous palettes, I only own the Self-made palette so I will link some videos on my youtube for comparsions. I am aware there are some shades that are repeats, but it's still a gorgeous palette.

I have created a video to show you guys my first impressions using the palette and bronzer (swatches, demo and mini review).






I have the shade Mahogany. Swatched below





Let's start with the price. The Abh Soft Glam palette retails for £43 just like the other eyeshadow palettes. As for the new powder bronzer it retails for £29 (comes in six different shades Rosewood, Saddle, Tawny, Cappuccino and Mahogany). I was able to snatch these up on the day it launched on the UK website.

Links: Abh Powder Bronzer
Abh Soft Glam palette

I adore the Abh Soft Glam palette and maybe that's because I love the simple colour scheme Anastasia went for. I think making a palette that can be worn on a daily basis is great and a clever idea. There are so many looks to create with the Soft Glam palette whether it is basic or dramatic. I can see why they wanted to make it a bridal theme palette because of those soft and rich pigments Anastasia and Norvina put in the palette.
My favourite shades were burnt orange, Sienna, Noir and Bronze so far. They are beautiful shades and blend out tremedously well. I did not need to use any fix plus when I applied Bronze on my eyes which was fantastic.

My only issues with this palette is you cannot go to heavy handed with it, as some of the shades can become a little muddy looking on the eye as its full of pigment. The shade Cyprus umber is packed with pigment and mulberry too. So go light handed and tap of the excess as your going with the palette.

Lastly,  I was hoping that Anastasia could of brought out a few newer shades in the soft glam palette. Since I do not own any of the previous palettes like the modern rennaissance /subculture/prism palette I am pleased with the colour scheme chosen in the new palette. But for those who own those other palettes, it may have stopped them from purchasing this particular palette. So for future palettes I hope too see something a little more spontaneous and eclectic.

Now finally the ABH powder bronzer, I have been waiting a long time for a go to bronzer and this may be one of them.

I will have to say a lot of the warm toned bronzers have a red undertone to them. I was hoping for a more sunkissed or deep golden brown shade, but once I applied it to bronze up my face I thought it looked absolutely fine. I would say if you are my shade or deeper this would be great as a bronzer or contour. My only concern is that I wish they had more shades without the red undertones for those with yellow/ golden undertones.

I rate the Soft glam palette a 8/10 and the powder bronzer 7/10.

Please watch the video to know a little bit more about my current Giveaway!!! Open to the US and UK only.

 Xoxo

SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig