Wednesday 10 August 2016

Coloured Raine and Kylie Cosmetics


Hey guys,



You must know about my addiction with lip products by now. I just can't help myself.

I wrote a blogpost before on how fantastic BeautyBay's delivery service is and I still love trying out different brands from there. I got an email and saw all over social media that they were doing 20% off Coloured Raine lipsticks. I have never tried their products before but I have heard great reviews over on youtube and elsewhere. Youtuber's like Nikkietutorials and Alissa Ashley who did a 30 liquid lipstick swatch video on them too. I was adamant on making a purchase on them to try it out. Thank goodness for national lipstick day because that discount came in handy. Even though I paid full price for only one of them, its not until I got my delivery and checked the invoice and found out.

Coloured Raine products on BeautyBay retail for £15. With the discount it was £12.00 each which was not bad. The delivery took about 3 days, I will link below my previous post on BeautyBay deliveries.

Hold on it does not stop there, I fell for the hype on the Kylie Cosmetics line and bought a few things. Let me tell you a little bit about shipping, the products I bought were the lip kit ($29) and two lip glosses ($15 each). All together that was $59 and shipping internationally it cost $14.95, so all together it was $73.95 (£57.24). Overall, I had to wait 2 weeks and a half for it to arrive to the UK then I got sent a card from the post office telling me to pay for custom fees. I did hear that you may have to pay for customs but when I saw the amount I was in shock, I was expecting it to be £10 or £12. No guys, it ended up being £16.04, if only you guys could see my reaction. I was not impressed paying for a liquid lipstick, a lip liner and 2 glosses for £73.28. I think with shipping internationally the price should be reasonable because its quite pricey. But I was extremely excited when it arrived the packaging is so cool (dope!!!).

I decided to make a video and posted it on Instagram instead, so it would not be a hassle putting all lip swatches on my blog post.

If you are on a budget don't worry about buying the Kylie lip products. But if you do work or have saved up then it's worth a try, however there are so many other brands out there to try. So don't be upset if you don't get your hands on a kylie lip kit or gloss.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Coloured raine: Rockstar, Ohh la la and Mary.

Rockstar (retailed for £12 currently sold out on beautybay) is a blue/ purple undertone metallic shade which by the name it is definitely a showstopper and very bold. I found the formula to be quite streaky but when you do build the colour up (around 3/4 coat) its such a beautiful colour. Luckily the formula is really smooth and not thick, so you can get away with applying more coats with this one, without it feeling sticky or clumpy on the lips.

Ohh La La (retail for £15) this one is more of vibrant raspberry pink/ fuchsia colour. As mentioned the formula is so smooth, this particular one is so pigmented one swipe is good enough. 

And Mary (was £12 as well) is known as a Metallic burgundy with pink and purple undertones. As soon as I took it out of the packaging I knew I was going to fall in love with it. Its such a pretty shade, straight up my alley. 

Coloured raine products do not have a scent, which is a perfect twist because some of the liquid lipsticks I own can be somewhat overpowering. I was so happy to find out they are a black owned company (I haven't tried any black owned companies). If your looking for fun and edgy colours try out Coloured Raine products, they're amazing.

Kylie Cosmetics: True Brown K lipliner and liquid lipstick, Candy K Gloss and Posie K Gloss.
True Brown K lipkit $29: The lipliner is very creamy, so if you're deciding to buy one be careful because it will break otherwise. It glides on so well and as you can see in the picture both the liquid lipstick and lipliner are really pigmented. One layer is enough. The colour is a milky chocolate brown. I found the liquid lipstick a bit runny, but it drys quickly and does not budge.

Candy K Gloss $15: As for this summer I have been wearing a lot of lip glosses and lip lacquers. This colour is such a lovely pink natural nude and great to wear with a brown lip liner or even without it too. My thoughts on the consistency is its quite thick but very comfortable to wear.

Lastly Posie K $15: Just from the picture it is definitely one of my favourites out of the bunch. Such a pretty rose pink gloss (warm tone berry) that would suit a lot of skin tones. You can also pair this with or without a lipliner, I think I prefer this than the Posie K liquid lipstick  just because its such a bold pink it may look weird on me. 

Sidenote: All the products smell quite sweet almost like a vanilla scent. If you know what Camille rose naturals Almond Jai twisting butter smells like they smell alike. When the product is on for a while the smell eventually goes. 


Websites:

Kylie Cosmetics

Beauty Bay 

My previous blog post


Xoxo


                     Bloglovin / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest 
SHARE:
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig